Quality Improvement Specialist Human ServicesApply Now Job ID 19000VP2
Quality Improvement Specialist Human Services
Primary Location: United States-AZ-AZPhoenix
Arizona Mentor seeks a Quality Improvement Specialist to provide leadership and support for the Camelback region of Arizona monitoring services for individuals with various needs and disabilities. As a Quality Improvement Specialist you would assist in the implementation of initiatives and assurances under the direction of a QI Manager and/or operations, conduct internal reviews of program operations and monitor compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Coordinates implementation of training programs and delivers training as assigned.
- Verifies implementation of effective strategies for improvement that were designed to measure and improve outcome measures.
- Reviews incident data and prepares and analyses trended reports for local operations managers and QI Manager.
- Conducts incident reporting training and technical support in a region and/or service line.
- Conducts internal investigations of incidents and/or allegations per local protocol and as assigned.
- Conducts regular reviews of program operations and services to appraise levels at which programs are in compliance with established external and internal standards.
- Monitors compliance with contractual obligations, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and internal operating practices.
- Conducts audits and supports operations to prepare for licensing / certification reviews.
- Conducts audits to verify completion of correction plans in response to surveys.
- Support local customer engagement survey process through promotion, planning, completion, data collection, etc.
What we offer you:
- Full compensation/benefits package
- 401(k) with company matching (with introductory period and eligibility requirements met)
- Referral bonus if you refer someone who is hired and employed at least 120 days
- A rewarding work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Access to a national network of local human service providers across 35 states
- Bachelor’s degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility may be substituted.
- Three to five years of experience in quality improvement or other related social services field required.