From skilled nurses and therapists to administrative staff and clinical evaluators, our employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local providers—CareMeridian’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative health and human services for more than 30 years.
Director of Nursing (DON) RN requiredApply Now Job ID 17000ONI
Director of Nursing (DON) RN required
Primary Location: CA-CAPleasanton-446 Sycamore Rd
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the Nursing department.
- Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Available by phone at all hours, unless an Registered Nurse (RN) has been scheduled to be available for weekends (like the ADON)
- Complete pre-admission resident evaluations at their current place of care.
- Ensure that all Safety Policies and Procedures are followed at all times, including timely completion and submission of all incident and accident reports.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all CareMeridian and related MENTOR Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Case Management department to include:
- Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning
- Interdisciplinary team conferences
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, providing corrective action and terminating nursing staff with the help and support of the HR corporate team and a HR rep assigned to the region.
- Maintain staffing levels within regulations and budgetary guidelines with the help and support of finance team and monthly financial meetings
- Provide and manage Continuing Education for employees, with the help and assistance of the Clinical Program team
- Overseeing an admin assistant that would be responsible for assuring that all residents and staff records are kept organized, complete and confidential
- Initiate and manage emergency procedures in the facility
- Manage the Performance Improvement Program with the help of the ADON
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by Corporate, Regional Director or Senior Team
- Travel is required at a minimum of 10% of the position
- Supervise the development and organization of the Nursing department
- Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care.
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary.
- Current and active Registered Nursing (RN) license issued by this state.
- Preferably three (3) years experience working with medically complex individuals
- Three (3) years experience in a nursing leadership/management role, Charge Nurse, ADON (preferred but not required)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative, and other members of the community