From skilled nurses and therapists to administrative staff and clinical evaluators, our employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local providers—CareMeridian’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative health and human services for more than 30 years.
Director of Nursing (DON) RN requiredApply Now Job ID 1800002I
Director of Nursing (DON) RN required
Primary Location: CA-CAPleasanton-446 Sycamore Rd
CareMeridian is currently seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) for our 12 bed CLHF facility to improve resident’s best outcome and recovery. Compassion and Nursing go hand in hand at CareMeridian. We are looking for talented, unique employees to make a difference and enjoy making a difference in the lives of others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organize the daily functions of the facility, including nursing, ancillary roles
- Participate in the development and updating of the interdisciplinary plan of care with the Case Management Director and facility Medical Director as well as other key support administration for the facility, such as the therapy team and Regional Director as needed
- Conduct pre-admission resident evaluations
- Completes incident and accident reports if applicable
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines, licensing requirements and all CareMeridian and related MENTOR Policies and Procedures with the support of the Corporate Office support and leadership team as well as your Regional Director of Operations
- Responsible for the supervision of the Case Management (with oversight of the Director of Case Management for the Region) to include:
- Admission process and resident business files
- Resident funding
- Additional funding resources
- Discharge planning
- Interdisciplinary team conferences
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, providing corrective action and terminating nursing staff with the help and support of the HR corporate team and a HR rep assigned to the region.
- This includes the following:
- Using Taleo (Applicant Tracking System)
- Obtaining Prescreening and Background Check Processing Documents
- Interviewing Candidates (CNAs, LVNs, RNs, Activities etc)
- Maintain staffing levels within regulations and budgetary guidelines with the help and support of finance team and monthly financial meetings as well as guidance of the Regional and VP of Operations
- Provide and manage Continuing Education for employees, with the help and assistance of the Clinical Program team and the HR team (where applicable)
· Overseeing an administrative assistants duties that would be responsible for
o Residents and staff records are kept organized, complete and confidential
o Assists you with recruiting, hiring and posting positions
o Scheduling of the facility
- Initiate and manage emergency procedures in the facility under the Policies and Procedures and within the state regulations and requirements
- Manage the Performance Improvement Program with the help of the ADON and support of Clinical Program teams
- Perform other related duties and activities as required by Corporate, Regional Director or Vice President of Operations
- Travel is required at a minimum of 10% of the position
- Running errands for the facility OR
- Evaluating potential patients prior to admissions OR
- Attending management meeting and leadership sessions in Orange Country, Ca
- Supervise the development and organization of the Nursing department along with the ADON for the facility
- Use independent judgment and follow regulatory guidelines in the delivery of quality resident care
- Plan and organize day-to-day functions of resident care.
- Anticipate, identify and analyze problems effectively and make appropriate recommendations or intervene as necessary.
- Current and active Registered Nursing (RN) license issued by CA
- Preferably three (3) years experience working with medically complex individuals or rehabilitation
- Three (3) years experience in a nursing leadership/management role, Charge Nurse, ADON (preferred but not required)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with physicians, staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative, and other members of the community