As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Primary Location: OH-OHPort Clinton-2026 C E Harbor Rd
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support adults with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury). As a Job Coach with REM OHIO you’ll be one of those special people.
For REM OHIO and The MENTOR Network, a Job Coach is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. To that end, the Job Coach role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
REM OHIO is seeking a Job Coach to coach vocational program participants, oversee community employment goals, vocational development goals, and related program functions. This individual will also implement Individual Service Plans and promote vocational skill acquisition and independence of each program participant.
What we ask of you:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Ohio driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
What we offer you:
- Paid Training (First Aid, CPR, Medical Administration)
- Consistent Schedules
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
REM Ohio is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.
Why Join Us
Hear from some of our team why they’re part of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?Watch Video
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.