From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Licensed Practical Nurse, TravelingApply Now Job ID 20000HXJ
Licensed Practical Nurse, Traveling
Primary Location: United States-WI-WIPortage
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide as Caregiver/Direct Support Professionals, we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our residential programs.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at REM Wisconsin, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Traveling Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Bring your Nursing experience to our growing, mission-driven organization!
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocation Nurse, Traveling (“LPN/LVN, Traveling”) is a critical role for our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The Traveling LPN/LVN provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services under the direction of a registered nurse (“RN”) or a physician to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges. Travels between multiple locations, within Sauk & Columbia counties, to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role and is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within social and human services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges within group home settings.
Our Nursing positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Complete health assessments and provide input of health diagnosis to RN or physician for the development of nursing care plan.
- Follow-up on all physician orders; monitor and ensure follow through on individual’s medical/dental appointments.
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers. Partner with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment.
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Maintain confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with Company policy. Uphold policy and procedure development related to health care.
- Provide training to staff members including but not limited to medication administration, universal precautions and infection control.
- Provide training for individuals receiving services in topics including, but not limited to self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention and smoking cessation.
- Travel between multiple locations during work hours
- Provide support and be accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
- Participates in on-call system as needed.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required, i.e. assisting with household activities and meal preparation.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing or related field, or a graduate of an accredited LPN program
- One year of experience working with adults with varying abilities
- Current LPN/LVN licensure in good standing in Wisconsin
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company or providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Other education and experience as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
- Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
- Experience working with individuals with varied abilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- As a traveling role, travel between supported sites is required.
- Flexibility with your schedule
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment, and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!