From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Direct Support ProfessionalApply Now Job ID 17000OC8
Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: United States-OR-ORPortland
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
MENTOR Oregon is seeking Float Direct Support Professionals (Caregivers) to provide assistance to adults with disabilities who live independently in the community.
Provide assistance with daily activities such as:
- meal preparation and planning
- medication administration
- personal care
- facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals
- on outings in the community
- providing transportation to work or other activities.
- partner with clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans
We are currently seeking full-time Float Direct Care staff to work various shifts in 2 or more clients homes in Portland. Float Direct Support Professionals will be trained with multiple clients and will fill in for staff who are on vacation or while we work to fill open vacancies in the program. Individuals in this position need to have flexibility and be available to work various shifts and days depending upon the need.
If you are looking for a job where you can make a difference, apply today.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing preferred
- 6 months previous experience as a DSP or Caregiver preferred
- Successful clearance of background check
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
MENTOR Oregon supports adults and
children with intellectual and developmental disabilities through a range of
individualized programs across the state. MENTOR Oregon is a partner of The
MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network
of local human service providers offering quality, community-based
services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in
35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join
The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide
quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and
caring professionals. Apply Today!