From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Human Resources GeneralistApply Now Job ID 17000NXY
Human Resources Generalist
Primary Location: OR-ORPortland-11010 SE Division St
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Human Resources (HR) Generalist with MENTOR Oregon you’ll be one of those special people.
For Mentor Oregon and The MENTOR Network, a Human Resources Generalist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
The Human Resources Generalist role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Mentor Oregon is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to support the HR function within the state. This individual will handle employee relation issues, assist the Staff Recruitment Specialist with recruiting and sourcing talent, facilitate training programs, manage local workers compensation issues and will collaborate with HR leadership to implement policies and initiatives. The HR Generalist will administer other assignments and human resources management issues as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years of experience in Human Resources required
- Competency with office skills: Microsoft Office; internet savvy; able to operate printer/copiers;
- Experience with HRIS systems, reporting, applicant tracking software and online recruitment strategies preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Employment laws
- Proficient in written and oral communications;
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with people, friendly approach;
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and carry out assigned job responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Travel required within the state with occasional travel outside the state
In addition to a competitive compensation/benefits package, including a 401(k) with company matching, we offer:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- Dynamic work environment
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. When you join the Network, you will have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.