From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Administrative AssistantApply Now Job ID 18000G5B
Primary Location: CA-CARancho Cucamonga-9166 Anaheim Pl
Function:Office and Administrative Support
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As an Administrative Assistant with California Mentor you’ll be one of those special people.
For California Mentor and The MENTOR Network, an Administrative Assistant is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Administrative Assistant role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Produces standard correspondence, memos and reports from drafts. Proof reads and edits material for appropriate grammar, spelling and format.
- Maintains calendars and daily schedules. Schedules appointments and meetings for staff, supervisors and managers. Attends meetings to record minutes as required.
- Prepares and processes office administrative paperwork, such as employment requisitions, employee time sheets, expense vouchers, invoices, etc. Sets up and maintains confidential, sensitive files and records for multiple functions, ensuring efficient retrieval of information.
- Reviews and processes non-routine paperwork associated with departmental functions, such as purchase requisitions, statistical activity/performance reports, work orders, etc.
- Maintains and processes Petty Cash, securing cash box and assuring petty cash balances are accurate, including maintaining, reconciling, and securing a company checking account.
- Ensures adequate inventory of office supplies and basic maintenance of office equipment. Coordinates timely repair of office equipment. Serves as the liaison to company vendors, staff, etc.
- Assists with special projects. Gathers data and prepares a variety of documents and reports using established formats.
- Maintains various databases such as the Network’s Census system.
- Tracks and monitors company devices such as cell phones, computers and pagers/beepers, including ordering, tracking and the reclaiming of equipment from terminating employees.
- May assist in maintaining records in accordance with State, Federal and company regulations and policy as required.
- Performs duties of Associate Administrative Assistant as required and assists other administrative staff with special projects and overflow work as needed.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years’ experience in administrative support.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Based Applications and data entry
- Valid California Driver’s license with a clean DMV record
- Valid California Registration and Insurance with your name listed as driver
- Pass pre-employment background, physical, TB
- Complete one week paid training
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching.
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Cole Vocational Services is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.