Quality Improvement Specialist LMFT LCSWApply Now Job ID 19000J4H
Quality Improvement Specialist LMFT LCSW
Primary Location: United States-CA-CARiverside
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here!
One of the major functions of this position will be to assure that quality review and quality indicators have a direct relationship to California MENTOR’s Family Support Services core values, to the standards of best practice that exist within the community, and to the documentation requirements of our funding sources. This position is responsible for the Quality Improvement (QI), Quality Assurance (QA), Utilization Review (UR), and implementation of documentation training.
Description ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
• Integrates Agency core values into clinical program/documentation reviews.
• Develops documentation training sessions for all programs, regarding Quality Improvement and Compliance (QIC) procedures, requirements, clinical documentation and related treatment issues.
• Working with the Area Director, Trainer, and Program Directors to develop policies, procedures, and systems to assist in the monitoring of program documents, assuring auditable client files.
• Trains/orients new and existing program staff on the clinical documentation requirements and best practice standards. Provides follow up training sessions and creates training materials as requested/required.
• Attends external Riverside University Health System (RUHS) and related meetings as assigned. Disseminates relevant information from meetings to ensure FSS’s staff have continued compliance with DMH and other state and federal regulations. Evaluates various ways in which policy may be implemented to ensure compliance with new regulations within internal programs.
• Represents California MENTOR in external program reviews and audits.
• Travels across program offices throughout Riverside County to complete chart reviews and trainings.
• Implements and oversees data collection, including compliance concerning the collection of surveys and accuracy of compilation, preparation of consumer demographics, and producing summary reports on results.
• Administers outcome projects as needed.
• Attends and/or leads internal agency quality improvement monthly meetings as needed.
• Participates in the development of policy and procedures as needed.
• Formulates appropriate plan with assigned Program Directors for site/program documentation reviews and debriefing process.
• Uses independent judgment in regularly evaluating program documentation to assist divisional managers, supervisors and staff, with on-going training needs.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide recommendations regarding the implement of appropriate program development and staff training.
•Assists all programs with crisis management when necessary.
• Responsible for reporting to work on time and maintaining reliable attendance in accordance with Agency policy.
• Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Licensed mental health professional in California (LCSW or LMFT) required.
• Two years post-licensure required.
• Experience with working in a community mental health setting, specifically experience with Riverside University Health System—Behavioral Health.
• Good written and oral communication skills, ability to develop and conduct training sessions and ability to develop policy and procedures: able to interface with both clinical, administrative (i.e. data entry/support services) and management staff.
• Knowledge of documentation requirements for respective funding sources, specifically Medi-Cal and DMH.
• Knowledge of Intensive Care Coordination (ICC) and Intensive Home Based Services (IHBS).
• Excellent computer skills and demonstrated ability to work in Windows environment (including Word and Excel).
• Possess attention to detail, ability to be thorough and accurate.
• Familiarity with outcome measures/assessment preferred.
• Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Possess the ability to effectively manage department projects as needed.
• Possess the skills to be a team leader.
• Possess the ability to be a skilled trainer, perform training presentations, and develop effective training materials.
• Must possess reliable motor vehicle.
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s license and maintain an insurable driving record under California MENTOR’s liability policy.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.