Recertification CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 1800003Y
Primary Location: SC-SCRock Hill-454 S Anderson Rd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
South Carolina MENTOR
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Conducts quarterly and annual home study evaluations. Completes monthly report making recommendations to management for follow-up, de-certification, or re-certification.
- In conjunction with extensive written and verbal communication with the Office of Licensing, coordinates all steps in the re-certification process (i.e. document non-compliant issues, follow-up with mentor in their efforts to obtain necessary documentation, ensure that physical plant corrections are made, etc.).
- Compiles and submits information and advises management on whether or not to proceed on re-certifying a home.
- Assists the Program Manager, Recruiter, and Coordinators in "client match" meetings.
- Maintains appropriate records in compliance with funding source requirements.
- Maintains and audits mentor files monthly to ensure compliance with all regulatory, contractual, corporate, and legal requirements.
- Develops and implements mentor retention programs. Records and maintains the statistics necessary to measure the effectiveness of various mentor retention efforts.
- Coordinates monthly mentor appreciation efforts and continuing education meetings to ensure compliance with required education hours.
- Responsible for the coordination of training for all currently certified mentors including CPR and First Aid training, monthly in-services, training on the client population, health, normalization, history of mentor, fire and safety.
- Compiles and distributes monthly listing of local community activities and resources for recreational opportunities.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services and two years of related human services experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Systems required
Amazing opportunity to use your passion, skills and experience to make a positive difference in the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of children and youth at risk.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers supporting individuals and families in 35 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses; to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges, as well as their families; and to elders in need of support.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.