From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program RecruiterApply Now Job ID 1800003Q
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASacramento
California Mentor Family Home Agency
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages.
As a Mentor Recruiter with California MENTOR Family Home Agency, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a passionate, proven recruiter who can successfully identify families in the South Sacramento area to become adult foster care providers, whom we call “Mentors.” Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest. We’re the leader across California in matching adults with developmental disabilities with amazing families who want to make a difference.
Do you have experience working in sales or recruitment and you’re seeking more meaning in your work life? Leverage your skills to make an impact in people’s lives. Build and enhance an active network of family homes through the strategic recruitment of qualified Mentors and guide them through the certification process. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Manages the recruitment strategy for assigned area. Builds a prospect network and related campaigns to establish pipeline of candidates. Conducts cold calls and informational screening meetings, reviews applications, medical examinations, and references. Develops and coordinates related advertising.
- Conducts and attends networking events and represents the company at job fairs, promotional presentations, and other events to recruit Mentors.
- Raises awareness in the community, through visiting community locations and further enhance community relationships. Develops and maintains professional alliances. Follow up on referrals.
- Screens potential Mentors following Network and State licensing guidelines.
- Conducts orientation, home study evaluations and pre-service orientation.
- Develops and maintains marketing budget and partners with internal marketing resources to produce materials. Maintains appropriate records in compliance with internal funding source requirements.
- Works with Program Director and other designated Program staff to facilitate client match meetings.
- Utilizes CRM system for customer tracking and management.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required. Hours are likely to fluctuate.
If you have direct recruitment or sales experience and this sounds like the type of impact you want to make, we want to hear from you!
What we offer you
Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
Annual performance-based bonus plan
A rewarding work environment
Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the families you bring onboard
Time Off & Holiday Pay
Family-oriented environment, casual dress
Employee discounts; fun employee events
Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
What we require of you
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, marketing, or business preferred
- Three years of related experience
- Demonstrated success in a recruiting, sales or marketing role
- Ability to effectively establish rapport with potential Mentors
- Strong follow through to expedite certification process
- A competitive spirit, a goal-oriented nature, and an ability to inspire people
- Flexible schedule to support business needs
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR Family Home Agency is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!