From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Program SupervisorApply Now Job ID 19000RDK
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASacramento
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Program Supervisor with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in a community based setting. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Program Director, Area Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
- Manages the day to day operations in compliance with regulatory requirements with the support of the Program Director
- Interview, select and supervise staff. Lead, develop and inspire team providing on-going performance coaching
- Provides case management support to program coordinators
- Oversees implementation of Individual Service Plans (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
- Shares responsibility for time-keeping and scheduling for staff
- Builds and maintains relationships with family homes and Regional Centers
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field or 3 years experience providing support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including at least 1 year of experience in a comparable program
- 1 year of experience in management in a human services related field
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement