From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Staff Recruitment SpecialistApply Now Job ID 17000NT4
Staff Recruitment Specialist
Primary Location: CA-CASacramento-7801 Folsom Blvd
Recruiting our most crucial employees, our Direct Support Professionals, the caregivers who support those individuals we serve, is the core of this dynamic role. The Staff Recruitment Specialist is responsible for actively driving the recruitment and hiring of new employees to fill vacancies for programs within their respective region. This is a great opportunity to learn and hone your recruitment skills within a high-impact environment. Come join our amazing team of Recruiters in this rewarding and challenging position and be a key part of our mission!
Participate in all aspects of the hiring process including attracting and screening potential employees, hiring and orienting new employees, and working with hiring managers to fill vacancies. Ensure pre-employment verifications are complete and new employee paperwork is filed.
A major focus of this position is establishing and maintaining local recruitment efforts - community outreach, marketing activities which includes public speaking and networking in the communities in which we operate.
- Partner with operations and human resource management to develop and execute recruitment strategies as well as day-to-day tactics to attract and hire high quality candidates.
- Establish and maintain a local employment brand presence, including but not limited to job fairs, hire days, college career services, campus recruitment and partnering with other community resources; develops strategies for hard to fill positions.
- Utilize applicant tracking system, recruit employees by posting open positions on company and external websites to attract qualified applicants.
- Appropriately and accurately track candidate progress in the applicant tracking system as they progress through the hiring process.
- Monitor and report on key recruitment and retention metrics. Participate in regional meetings reporting on vacant positions, retention, overtime, and discusses action plans and recruitment strategies.
- Administer the employee referral program within assigned region.
- Ensure legal compliance in recruiting and hiring practices.
- Partner with Operations to perform recruitment activities such as screening resumes, administering phone screens, scheduling interviews and interviewing. Collaborating with Operations, prepare and extend the job offer.
- Ensure candidate qualifications are aligned with the requirements for the role and obtain the hiring manager’s approval prior to creating and sending written offer letters.
- Ensure Network and funder required pre-employment verifications are completed including employee background checks, driver’s license checks, state registry and other required checks.
- Ensure applicant reference checks are completed and alert the hiring manager and Human Resources if there are concerns.
- Assemble initial employee file including new hire paperwork, background checks and other required information.
- Verify that all required information is collected and included in the employee file.
- Maintain confidentiality and confidential documents.
- Ensure purchasing cards and computer equipment are ordered prior to employee start date, as applicable.
- Coordinate logistics and conduct new employee orientation/on-boarding programs, which includes reviewing employee policies and procedures, initial orientation to the company and use of the employee portal.
- Ensure the proper completion of new hire paperwork, I-9 and employee portal activities.
- When approved in larger regions, supervise Staff Recruitment Coordinators, including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Make recommendations for decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Publicize and manage local Employee Referral Program; track successes.
- Refer employee relations issues and policy questions to HR Business Partner/HR Generalist and keep immediate supervisor informed as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of related experience with recruitment or within Human Services preferred;
- Competency with office skills: Microsoft Office; internet savvy; able to operate printer/copiers;
- Experience with applicant tracking software and online recruitment strategies preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Employment laws is preferred
- Proficient in written and oral communications;
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with people, friendly approach;
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and carry out assigned job responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company.
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age.
- Travel required within region supported
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- Dynamic work environment
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. When you join the Network, you will have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.