Autism Caregiver Increased Wages
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Autism Caregiver Increased Wages
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNSaginaw
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
REM Arrowhead believes that all adults deserve the chance to live as independently as possible in the communities that they call home. We recognize that each person with autism or other autism spectrum disorders have unique needs and abilities and our continuum of supports for adults can be customized for individuals with autism. We focus our services on helping each adult become increasingly independent and active in their community. We partner with the individual, their family and other members of their support team to get to know them and design services around activities and goals that are important to them.
Individualized supports for adults with autism may include:
- Facilitating social skills groups
- Strengthening communication skills
- Strengthening social skills
- Conducting sensory therapies
- Assisting with specialized/modified diet needs
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Paid Training
- Flexible Consistent Schedules
- Family-orientated environment, casual dress and employee events
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with ability to work independently
- High school diploma/GED NOT required
REM Arrowhead is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 37 states.