As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Primary Location: United States-WV-WVSt. Marys
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Direct Care, Part-time, Full-time, Weekend shifts and schedules available.
Come join our mission! As a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional with REM Community Options/REM West Virginia, you’ll work in residential settings supporting individuals with intellectual, physical, and behavioral disabilities. – make a difference in lives and enjoy rewarding work. Whether you have previous experience or just a big heart and willingness to learn, we want to hear from you!
Provide support to individuals through assistance with activities of daily living such as:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
We will teach you – come on board: paid training will be provided based on the individuals and program you support.
What we require of you:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
What we offer you:
- Paid Training (First Aid, CPR, Medical Administration)
- Consistent Schedules
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
REM Community Options is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.
Why Join Us
Hear from our CEO, Bruce Nardella, about why he’s part
of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.