From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Registered Nurse RNApply Now Job ID 190007HM
Registered Nurse RN
Primary Location: United States-WV-WVSt. Marys
Traveling between local locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role, the RN is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours. Depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consultation.
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of individuals in multiple locations within the assigned region.
- Conduct the medical assessment of each individual referred to the program and collaborate with an Intake staff member to determine appropriate placement in the community
- Participate in the development and implementation of service plans and supervise, in conjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Review documents and revise all nursing/nursing related care plans on a regular basis
- Promote health and wellness for individuals and ensure nursing actions and steps are put in place for prevention
- Ensure medical records and reports are current and complete in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician’s orders
- Maintain contact with primary care physicians and specialists, and, when directed, attend doctor visits with mentor and/or individual receiving services.
- Administer medications according to established guidelines
- Provide documentation for all medications given and review medication administration records for compliance
- Oversee the management of high-risk medical conditions and private duty nursing services
- Provide technical assistance, medical oversight and training of LVNs and program staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
- Participate as an Individual Health Plan (IHP) or Plan of Care (POC) team member
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to staff and mentors regarding home care issues along with operation of durable medical equipment.
- Participate in on call system as needed
- Travel between multiple locations during work hours
- Provide support and is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours
- May be required to be accessible after hours for consultation
- May actively participate in IDT meetings, Human Rights Committee, Health and Safety Committee and Administration meeting
What we offer you:
- Flexibility with your schedule
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Career opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
- Graduate of an accredited RN program
- One year experience working with medically complex individuals
- Current state RN License
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company or providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Excellent assessment skills with the ability to exercise critical thinking in the clinical environment. Ability to prioritize, strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families
- Position requires travel in assigned region to provide services and conduct visits to our individuals. No overnight travel required.
- Passing medication 2 years consecutively
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!