From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Vocational NurseApply Now Job ID 18000OLL
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASan Jose
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serves people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with California MENTOR you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
The LVN supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate LVN who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your LVN skills to carry out each individual’s health care plan while providing direct care with the support of a RN and Program Director.
• Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
• Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
• Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
• Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
• Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
we require of you:
• Current LVN/LPN certification in good standing with the state of California
• One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
• Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Family-oriented, rewarding work environment, employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network located in 36 states
Do you have nursing experience and are looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!