From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Vocational NurseApply Now Job ID 18000OLL
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASan Jose
Description As a Licensed Vocational Nurse with California MENTOR, you’ll support individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a dedicated individual who can provide clinical care to those we serve. Carry out each individual’s health care plan while providing direct care, working as part of a team with a Registered Nurse, Program Director, and other team members.
Are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to provide effective support to those we serve. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Provide technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
- Monitor and ensure physicians orders are performed as prescribed
- Accompany individuals to routine and emergency medical visits
- Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
- Provide duties as a Direct Support Professional as needed
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
- Current LVN/LPN certification in good standing with the state of California
- One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
- Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Good knowledge of practical nursing theory
- Ability to communicate effectively with the individuals we serve, their families, the healthcare team and your co-workers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint checks