From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program Director, IDD Services-CAApply Now Job ID 17000ONX
Program Director, IDD Services-CA
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASan Marcos
Cole Vocational Services
- Develop and maintain quality services and engaging activities that meet the individuals needs
- Manages the day to day operations in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversees implementation of human resource practices including recruitment, retention, training, scheduling, processing, record keeping, and management of program employees
- Manages the implementation of program planning; monitors delivery of services and supports; ensures services are consistent, engaging and relevant to the individuals served.
- Oversees implementation of individual health care planning; implements strategies to limit illness or serious incident; oversees and reviews health care documentation.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the program, from billing to staff budgets, as well as reviewing and approving purchases
- Oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of the program’s facilities and vehicles.
- Writes and implements Individual Service Plans (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
- Builds and maintains relationships with families, Regional Centers, and regulatory agencies
- Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies
What we require of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field AND at least 18 months of experience in management of a human services delivery system;
- Five (5) years of experience in a human services delivery system INCLUDING at least Two (2) years of experience or training in one of the following:
oCare and supervision of consumers in a licensed adult day program, or an adult day health care facility
oCare and supervision of one or more of the categories of persons to be served by the day program
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
- Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services.With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!