As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Primary Location: CA-CASanta Rosa-2227 Capricorn Way
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serves people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
Based in community settings, DSPs provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans, working closely with our clinical staff, to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sound like the type of impact you want to make… we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be 18 years of age
• Valid driver’s license
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• A background check will be conducted for this position
What we offer you:
• A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
• A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
• Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plans
• Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
• Full and Part time schedules available
• An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
• Employee discounts
• A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
• Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
• Mileage reimbursement
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~28,000 employees serving ~25,000 consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Why Join Us
Hear from our CEO, Bruce Nardella, about why he’s part
of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.