From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Vocational Nurse LVNApply Now Job ID 20000GOS
Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASanta Rosa
Description The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
• Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
• Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
• Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
• Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
• Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• Current LVN/LPN certification in good standing with the state of California
• One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
• Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Family-oriented, rewarding work environment, employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network located in 36 states
Do you have nursing experience and are looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!