From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Registered NurseApply Now Job ID 190001K9
Primary Location: CA-CASanta Rosa-920 Baird Rd
Cornerstone Living Skills
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serves people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Registered Nurse with California MENTOR & Cornerstone Living Skills, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
The Registered Nurse (RN) supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate RN who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your RN skills to assess and ensure each individual’s health care needs are carried out with the support of CNA's and LVN's.
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
- Communicate with the Physician and external medical centers to ensure consistency of essential medical information
- Provides technical assistance, medical oversight and training of staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
- Monitors and ensures physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
What we require of you:
- Current RN license in good standing with the state of California
- One year of clinical experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
- Valid CA Drivers License in good standing
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- A rewarding, family-oriented environment work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network in 36 states
Do you have nursing experience and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today! Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!