RN Area DirectorApply Now Job ID 200002W9
RN Area Director
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASanta Rosa
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As an RN Area Director with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate individual who can successfully lead our teams in our specialized residential homes, reporting to the Regional Director. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and are you looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Responsible to supervise a single service line or grouping of programs, generally within a specific geography, typically producing $7.5 to $10.0 million in annual revenue
- Supervises Program Directors and is responsible for the operation of a service line or geographic area including organization, planning, management and implementation of direct supports, health care, advocacy, regulatory compliance and oversight of the physical environment.
- Ensure the care for the individuals we serve is the utmost quality as well as providing support staff with operational and nursing training. Promotes health and wellness for individuals and ensures nursing actions and steps are put in place for prevention.
- Oversees the management of high-risk medical conditions and private duty nursing services.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, and oversight of all aspects of business, program development, and nursing care plans.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to staff and mentors regarding nursing care issues
- Oversees the recruitment and development of all professional staff and independent contractors.
- Oversees clinical and crisis management and assures service delivery and compliance with all regulatory, contractual, corporate and legal requirements.
- Write and maintain policies and procedures related to nursing protocols
- Collaborate with external Agencies regarding clients services related to nursing care
- Ensures that current and complete medical records and reports are in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician’s orders.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to staff and mentors regarding home care issues along with operation of durable medical equipment
- Implements area core growth strategy to increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages, and assists with new start development as appropriate.
- Implements area incident management protocol; ensures timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action; and assists with area investigations
- Implements area strategies to maintain and foster relations with consumers, mentors, families and guardians; and implements consumer satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate
- Provides leadership including direct supervision of Program Directors or other staff; works with regional support team; implements Network employee practices; oversees area safety and workers’ compensation implementation; approves area involuntary terminations and reviews written warnings; and assists with employee orientation and training programs.
- Maintains area compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; and assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments; and directs area maintenance.
- Maintains licensing and compliance for area services and supports; assures timely and accurate documentation; oversees area implementation of Network compliance plan; and assists with correction orders and over-sees implementation of compliance plans.
- Maintains and fosters relations with case managers and referral agents; participates in building relationships with local legislators and government officials; and lobbies on behalf of consumers and Network as appropriate.
- Participates as an Individual Health Plan (IHP) or Plan of Care (POC) team member, evaluates the medical needs of each individual for initial IHP/POC, ensures IHP/POC goals and objectives are medically indicated, and generates ongoing health care protocols for the specific medical conditions outlined in the IHP/POC
- Oversees area quality enhancement and implementation plan, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements and individual consumer’s needs; and reviews area incident reporting.
- May actively participate in IDT meetings, Human Rights Committee, Health and Safety Committee and Administration meetings.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- Registered Nurse License
- An individual with a bachelor’s degree or more advanced degree in the health or human services field and three to six years of experience significant management experience in the human services industry
- Knowledge of Title 17 and Title 22 Regulations is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, planning, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
- Ability to coordinate services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- Night and weekend availability for emergency on call ( by phone only)
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!