From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Nurse, 2p-10p , New Higher Starting RateApply Now Job ID 200007CU
Nurse, 2p-10p , New Higher Starting Rate
Primary Location: IA-IAShelby-29 East St
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at REM Iowa, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Come join REM Iowa in the very important work we do supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities, brain injury and emotional, behavioral or medical complexities. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve.
- Full time - 2nd Shift: 2pm-10pm - possible weekend
- Full benefits package
- 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Vacation time, Sick time, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Job training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
As a Nurse you'll carry out rewarding work, playing an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. Nurses at REM Iowa provide care, training and support to address the medical needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and other complex needs in an 8 person ICF/ID program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration.
- Administer medications, complete nursing documentation, compile data and prepares health assessments for team evaluation and review in compliance with agency and ICF regulations and provide health care related guidance to co-workers.
- Coordinates and monitors on-going individual examinations and orders necessary supplies and medications.
- May also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities.
- Support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program with valid/current license
- One year experience working with medically complex individuals.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required for most positions
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!