From skilled nurses and therapists to administrative staff and clinical evaluators, our employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local providers—CareMeridian’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative health and human services for more than 30 years.
LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse On Call Per Diem PRNApply Now Job ID 17000MP4
LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse On Call Per Diem PRN
Primary Location: CA-CASilverado-17722 Santiago Canyon Rd
CareMeridian is seeking an Licenses Vocational Nurse (LVN) to provide nursing services, training and support to address the needs of medically complex, spinal cord and brain injury individuals. This position is On-Call/Per Diem. Shifts are 12 hour (7 to 7).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Perform and document resident assessments upon admission and on
an going basis through discharge.
2. Complete all required nursing documentation accurately and timely.
3. Participate in “hand off” report.
4. Observe, record and report to supervisor or physician in a timely manner, any changes in the resident’s condition.
5. Participates in the development and updating of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care within the required time frames.
6. Implement the plan of care, using appropriate nursing interventions according to CareMeridian’s Policies and Procedures and regulatory guidelines.
7. Administer and document medications and treatments as ordered, and observe and document the resident’s response.
8. Transcribe and carry out physicians’ orders.
9. Initiate emergency procedures per CareMeridian’s Policy and Procedure, if needed.
10. Assist physicians as necessary.
11. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, as required.
12. Provide resident and/or caregiver education.
13. Communicate and cooperate with the interdisciplinary team to ensure that all therapeutic interventions are carried out timely.
14. Attend and participate in continuing education programs per CareMeridian’s policies and regulatory guidelines.
15. Complete and submit Incident and Accident Reports as needed.
16. Follow Safety Policies and Procedures at all times to include participation in fire and emergency management drills.
17. Maintain the confidentiality of all residents’ data, per HIPAA requirements.
18. Participate in the Performance Improvement Program.
19. Use equipment per manufacturers’ instructions.
Founded in 1989, CareMeridian provides a continuum of high quality, cost-effective post-acute care and rehabilitation options to people of all ages with brain, spinal cord and other life-altering injuries and medically-complex illnesses. With program locations throughout the Western United States, CareMeridian offers a distinctive service delivery model, merging an experienced and skilled health care and rehabilitation team with state-of-the-art technology in community-based program settings designed to meet each individual’s unique needs at every stage of recovery.
CareMeridian is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
- Two year college degree in nursing or related field or state certificate
- One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity (preferred)
- Current LVN license for state of California
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
- Two years in area of specialization of Sub-Acute Care Nursing PREFERRED not required.
- Current state drivers license