From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Vocational NurseApply Now Job ID 200006CH
Licensed Vocational Nurse
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASolvang
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serves people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN with California MENTOR you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
- Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
- Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
- Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
- Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
What we require of you:
- Current LVN/LPN certification in good standing with the state of California
- One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
- Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented, rewarding work environment, employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network located in 36 states
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!