Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Job ID 17000M9Z
Senior Financial Analyst
Primary Location: NJ-NJSomerset-80 Cottontail Ln
New Jersey MENTOR
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities or medical complexities. As a Senior Financial Analyst and part of the Finance Operations with New Jersey MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
New Jersey MENTOR is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to assist the Business Manager with overall financial planning and analysis; revenue and financial statement review, ensuring accuracy and making recommendations via AJE, etc for multiple sites and states. The Senior Financial Analyst completes the initial review of all transactions that impact the P&L by providing on-going monitoring and reviews of information, completing analytical reviews, and providing commentary to the Business Manager. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will prepare daily / weekly / month end metric reporting to individual programs. In addition, prepares, as needed, reports to assist the programs in their understanding of the daily / weekly / monthly numbers. High level review of AR and assist in analysis / review / reporting. Also, to coordinate all cost report preparation, audits and associated analysis. This role will complete the initial review of all transactions that impact cost reports, provide on-going monitoring and review of information, complete analytical reviews, and provide commentary to management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Business Manager in budgeting, forecasting, and financial targets for the business units. Meeting with Operations Leadership, analyzing trends and presenting results. Reviews all budgets/re-forecast completed to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Create models that provide financial analysis and decision support to senior leadership on key business issues.
- On a monthly and basis analyzes and reviews the monthly financial results against established targets, KPI’s, trends, and data.
- Perform month-end close processes and analysis.provide journal entries and needed. Understand key drivers behind budget and forecast variances.
- Assists Business Manager with ensuring Sarbanes Oxley compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or commensurate experience with four plus years of experience in a related position
- Experience with Hyperion and Oracle preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field
- Excellent computer skills, data entry speed and accuracy, and related office equipment
- Exceptional communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and prioritize deadlines