From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Accounts Receivable AnalystApply Now Job ID 17000MHE
Accounts Receivable Analyst
Primary Location: United States-MO-MOSaint Louis
Missouri MENTOR is looking for an Accounts Receivable Analyst! Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As an Accounts Receivable Analyst with Missouri MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
For Missouri MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, an Accounts Receivable Analyst is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
This position will provide Accounts Receivable support and analysis and act as liaison with various levels of field and corporate finance personnel, and in some cases with external auditors. This position will also assist with preparation of value-added financial analysis and recommendations regarding revenue, accounts receivable, and reserves for doubtful accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as liaison with operations and other functions on AR and General Ledger reconciliation issues
- Review and analyze collection activity
- Review and analyze monthly Accounts Receivable balances and make recommendations for bad debt reserves; prepare data and analysis to support the valuation of accounts receivable and adequacy of reserves
- Prepare and analyze monthly non-authorized reports, and make recommendations; obtain authorizations
- Prepare and analyze monthly sales adjustment reports
- Review client setup in billing system to ensure accuracy
- Review and analyze revenue reports
- Responsible for the maintenance of an effective control environment under SOx 404 for the accounting operations he or she oversees. This includes both key and non-key controls and extends to the timely updating and modification of control design where necessary and the oversight of control remediation activities should exceptions be encountered in testing.
- Facilitate monthly close activities in function and quarter and year-end audits of Accounts Receivable
- Serve as advisor on billing software and billing system
- Produces, distributes, and maintains monthly accounts receivable reports for analysis and discussion with state and corporate operations teams.
- Facilitates discussions with state and local operations teams regarding AR related items.
- Gathers and maintains documentation to related reports and duties above.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-5 years experience in healthcare and/or Accounts Receivable, and understanding of Accounts Receivable and General Ledger in accordance with GAAP
- Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, and CIMOR (Missouri billing system)
- Ability to work effectively with people at diverse levels throughout the organization
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!