From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Cognitive Retraining SpecialistApply Now Job ID 200004RB
Cognitive Retraining Specialist
Primary Location: ME-MEStandish-234 Northeast Rd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Cognitive Retraining Specialist Opportunity!
Looking to fill a full time CRS position in Standish Maine.
Bring your passion and expertise to our growing, mission-driven organization. Make a positive difference in the lives of others - come join our amazing team! Work within a setting that offers variety, rewarding challenges, and some of the best co-workers you’ll ever find.
The Cognitive Retraining Specialist is responsible to provide facility based individual and family therapeutic services to clients, as well as to assess the ongoing need for cognitive therapeutic services at the client’s current level of care, in the residential setting.
- Provide and maintain an orderly, safe, clean and warm therapeutic environment.
- Closely follow the Day Program schedule of assignments and seek approval from the Day Program Administrator for any necessary changes.
- Provide individual and group therapies to clients with the support of the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Monitor clients during transitional times, lunch, and breaks. This includes behavioral, toileting, and general assistance as needed.
- Attend assigned IRP meetings, Day Program team meetings, staff meetings, and additional meetings as assigned.
- Complete all required documentation including, but not limited to behavior charts, FYI’s, incident reports, monthly reports, IRP reports, therapy notes, lesson plans, and so forth.
- Treat clients with respect, dignity, and compassion at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and ensure confidentiality of privileged information.
- Complete all cognitive therapy assessments on an annual basis to all persons served, as determined by the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Cooperate with the licensee and Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
- Minimum of BA in psychology or related field (as approved by SCR for certification) and preferred one year of related experience
- Must maintain current valid driver's license