Family Support SpecialistApply Now Job ID 2000023I
Family Support Specialist
Primary Location: MA-MATaunton-350 Myles Standish Blvd
Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking Therapeutic Mentors for opportunities across Massachusetts. As a Therapeutic Mentor (Family Support Specialist) you will coordinate the development and implementation of services and treatments to youth. Therapeutic Mentors provide services in the youth’s home and community by integrating our services with engaging activities so we can help the youth we serve meet their treatment goals.
- Meet with a client base of 8-9 youth weekly
- Meet expectations surrounding paperwork deadlines and utilization trends
- Preparation of social skill building activities for each youth
- Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
- Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on the service
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services or related field and 1 year of experience working with youth OR
- HS Diploma and 2 years of experience working with youth
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance that complies with the minimum state requirements
- Part time hours- flexibility with your schedule including nights & weekends!
- Career growth opportunities
- Largest national network of human service providers
- Competitive pay rates
- Mileage reimbursement
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A dynamic, growing work environment with advancement opportunities nationwide
Founded in 1980, Massachusetts MENTOR provides home and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and youth with emotional and behavioral challenges, as well as their families. Through a range of individualized services, including Therapeutic Foster Care and adult Host Home programs, Massachusetts MENTOR helps individuals of all abilities live life to the fullest in the communities they call home.
Massachusetts MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join Massachusetts MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!