Certified Nursing Assistant
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Certified Nursing Assistant
Primary Location: United States-MI-MITraverse City
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Come join our amazing team of CNAs supporting individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providing quality of life enhancing services to those we serve.
NEW COMPETITIVE AND EXCITING STARTING RATE!
UP TO $300 SIGN-ON BONUS!
As a Certified Nursing Assistant with NeuroRestorative Michigan, you will perform hands-on nursing care with an emphasis on daily care needs and personal hygiene.
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
- Administer proper medications according to physician’s orders and established guidelines. Provide documentation for all medications given.
- Provide assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, and community and social integration.
- Help maintain safe and quality supports for individuals served.
- Perform, coordinate and assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Provide transportation for individuals to activities and appointments.
- Initiate emergency procedures on as needed basis.
- Use equipment correctly and safely; report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents or incidents to supervisor.
- Maintain current progress notes and any other appropriate documentation,
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings and trainings as required.
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do.
What we ask of you:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- One year CNA experience, ideally with individuals with brain injury or developmental disabilities in a hospital, residential, or long-term care setting.
- Current CNA certificate in the state of Michigan.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR, First Aid certifications
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
- Ability to travel locally between programs.
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
NeuroRestorative Michigan is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Why Join Us
Hear from some of our team why they’re part of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?Watch Video
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.