From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Regional DirectorApply Now Job ID 20000QAA
Primary Location: United States-AZ-AZTucson
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
You will ensure quality services to individuals served and compliance with applicable state and federal standards. You will oversee Area Directors and Program Directors ensuring delivery of quality services, fiscal management, staff development, quality assurance, and daily operations for your region.
- Oversees regional quality enhancement and implementation plan, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements and individuals supported needs.
- Implements regional core growth strategy to increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages.
- Maintains and fosters relationships with local counties, regional centers, managed care contractors, case managers, referral agents, local legislators and government officials; and lobbies on behalf of individuals receiving services and Network as appropriate.
- Oversees regional implementation of incident management protocol; ensures timely incident reporting and corrective action; reviews trends; develops and implements responses; and may assist with regional investigations.
- Maintains regional compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, and safe living and working environments; assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments; and directs regional maintenance program.
- Responsible for the financial performance of a regional business unit, reviews financial statements, oversees regional purchasing, and ensures billing compliance and documentation
- A collaborative work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training
- Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching (after introductory period and eligibility requirements are met)
- Referral bonus when you refer someone who is hired and employed at least 120 days
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Access to a national network of local human service providers across 37 states
- Bachelor's degree in human services field (psychology, sociology, human services, etc.) required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years human services industry experience, with strong management experience, required.
- Ability to understand financials, work effectively with the finance team
- Knowledge and experience with all service programs strongly preferred. This includes Home and Community based services.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and spoken)
- A passion for excellence, able to set standards and hold people accountable
- Demonstrated experience with juggling multiple priorities while remaining focused on staff and service quality
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!