From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Sr. Cognitive Retraining Specialist-Union CityApply Now Job ID 200001CR
Sr. Cognitive Retraining Specialist-Union City
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJUnion City
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative is seeking a Full Time Sr. Cognitive Retraining Specialist for our Home and Community Program in the Union City area.
Bilingual - fluent in Spanish required
Bring your passion and expertise to our growing, mission-driven organization. Make a positive difference in the lives of others - come join our amazing team! Work within a setting that offers variety, rewarding challenges, and some of the best co-workers you’ll ever find.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides case management and support services to clients in a home & community based settings.
- Provides assistance in teaching activities of daily living, home management skills, organization, cooking skills, and other skills as specified.
- Provides ongoing cognitive rehabilitative activities including but not limited to memory, money management, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Provides ongoing monitoring and consultation to mentors regarding work with clients and implementation of service plan.
- Maintains current and complete client and reporting records in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Assists with transportation to community based appointments, various social interactive activities, and medical appointments.
- Assists with all legal, licensing, regulatory and certification activities as needed.
- Assists with emergency coverage and crisis intervention support for all clients as needed.
- Participates in all activities designed to enhance and build an active social network of mentors.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Day, evening, and weekend availability
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Applicable degree programs include counseling, teaching/education, psychology, recreation therapy, social work, special education, and other allied health degrees.
Must maintain current valid driver’s license, car insurance, and car registration.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 36 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.