From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program Director IDD ServicesApply Now Job ID 190003YP
Program Director IDD Services
Primary Location: OH-OHValley View-9775 Rockside Rd
- Oversee operations of one to four programs with 10 to 25 individuals in a community or small geographic area with combined revenues of approximately $1 to $3 million.
- Manage program implementation of health and safety programs for individuals receiving services and employees.
- Oversee program quality enhancement and develop individual program plans; coordinate Network standards, licensing requirements and individuals supported needs; review and submit incident reports.
- Establish and manage relations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians; implement individual enhancement plans as appropriate.
- Provide leadership including direct supervision of assigned staff; implement Network employee practices; implement program safety and workers’ compensation programs; recommend and assist with involuntary terminations and written warnings; provide employee orientation and training.
- Implement program core growth strategy to maintain or increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages and assist with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintain and foster relations with case managers and referral agents; lobby on behalf of individuals receiving services.
- Responsible for the financial performance of individual programs; complete purchasing of program supplies; and review and submit billing compliance documentation.
- Implement program incident management protocols; ensure timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action.
- Maintain program compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments. Ensure pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments; and address any maintenance needs of residence and property.
- Maintain licensing and compliance for program services and supports; ensure timely and accurate program documentation; implement Network compliance plan; review correction orders; and implement compliance plans.
- Direct and supervise staff including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Make decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Work closely with HR to address and resolve employee relations and performance issues.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Bachelors Degree in human services required
- Minimum of three years' experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Two to three years supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability in areas of leadership, personnel, employee training, and public relations.
- Skilled in written and oral communication, community relations and service development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of behavior management principles, program development, and monitoring techniques.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets insurability requirements as defined by the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
REM Ohio is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.