From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Personal Care GiverApply Now Job ID 190004SB
Personal Care Giver
Primary Location: WV-WVWheeling-147 GC & P Rd
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Direct Care, Part-time, Full-time, Weekend shifts and schedules available.
Come join our mission! As a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional with REM Community Options/REM West Virginia, you’ll work in residential settings supporting individuals with intellectual, physical, and behavioral disabilities. – make a difference in lives and enjoy rewarding work. Whether you have previous experience or just a big heart and willingness to learn, we want to hear from you!
Provide support to individuals through assistance with activities of daily living such as:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
We will teach you – come on board: paid training will be provided based on the individuals and program you support.
What we require of you:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
What we offer you:
- Paid Training (First Aid, CPR, Medical Administration)
- Consistent Schedules
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
REM Community Options is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.