From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
School Social WorkerApply Now Job ID 190006B3
School Social Worker
Primary Location: MD-MDWindsor Mill-7131 Rutherford Rd
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
New Visions Academy of Baltimore is a private, separate day school for male students ages 11-21 in grades 6-12. As a full-day special education program, New Visions provides a structured learning environment, vocational training and other support services for male students who have been unable to succeed in the public school system. We combine traditional scholastic courses with hands-on training and additional support, guidance and therapy to assist boys and young men who have emotional or behavioral challenges.
As a School Social Worker (LBSW, LMSW, LCSW, LGSW or LCSW-C) you will provide CPST services as well as individual, group, and family psychotherapy to children and their families to aid in problems of school and social functioning with the goal of increasing an individual’s sense of their own well-being. Therapists employ a range of techniques based on experiential relationship building, dialogue, communication and behavior change that is designed to improve the mental health of a child and to improve peer group and family relationships.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling (or related field for Level II and above therapists)
- LBSW, LMSW, LCSW, LGSW or LCSW-C required
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly with young people and the individuals that care for them
- Experience working in a school or with youth preferred
- Experience in Trauma Informed Care helpful, but not required
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance that complies with the minimum state requirements
- Master’s degree in human services field with at least three years of experience
- Must be licensed: LBSW, LMSW, LCSW, LGSW or LCSW-C
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in 36 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!